Get cloud computing technology training from IEEE. A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. These courses are designed to help engineers stay up-to-date on the latest technologies. Produced and vetted by leading experts, you can count on IEEE Continuing and Professional Education courses to equip you with the information you need to stay current in your field.
This program comprises 25 self-paced, online courses that focus on various aspects of cloud computing technologies.
The content covers cloud computing technology including overviews, benefits and challenges, compliance and privacy, security, design, architecture, construction, use cases, automation, access control, storage management, and deployment.
Ideal for technical professionals at organizations working in technologies based in cloud computing, as well as academic students studying computer science.
This cloud computing technology training program covers the following topics:
- Cloud Computing I: An Introduction
- Cloud Computing Part 2
- Cloud Computing Part 3
- Cloud Computing Definition, Reference Architecture, and General Use Cases
- Cloud Service and Deployment Models
- Cloud Management Software/Platforms: OpenStack
- Cloud Services and Software Platforms: OpenNebula
- Major Commercial and Research Cloud Service Providers
- Cloud Construction
- Cloud Computing Enabling Technologies
- Cloud Standardization and Component Technology Overview
- Cloud Powered Services Design
- Cloud Deployment Automation Tools
- Cloud Based Solutions for Big Data
- Cloud Computing Global Impact and Compliance
- Cloud Security and Data Protection
- Cloud Compliance and Privacy Protection
- Cloud Data Center Network Construction
- Future Cloudscape
- IEEE Intercloud Interoperability and Federation Framework
- Cloud Benefits and Challenges
- Cloud Federation and Federated Access Control
- Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Architecture
- Storage Virtualization in Cloud IaaS Storage Types
- Network Virtualization in Cloud IaaS
Upon successful completion of the Cloud Computing course program, your engineers will receive valuable CEUs/PDHs from IEEE that can be used to maintain engineering licenses.
Meet the Instructor
IEEE has partnered with a top expert in cloud computing.
Dr. Laplante is Professor of Software Engineering at Penn State, where he teaches and conducts applied research in software and systems engineering. He has over 25 years of experience building, studying, and teaching about various kinds of software systems. Dr. Laplante has authored or edited 28 books and has published more than 200 scholarly papers. Dr. Laplante is a Fellow of the IEEE and SPIE. He is also currently leading the team that is writing the licensure exam for software engineers in the United States.
This IEEE Cloud Computing course has been developed by Cloud Strategy Partners, LLC. Cloud Strategy Partners, LLC is an expert consultancy firm that specializes in Technology and Strategy relating to Cloud Computing.