At TNW2019 in Amsterdam, the in-house blockchain team at consulting giant Deloitte walked participants in the “Beyond tech: blockchain strategy for complex environments” workshop through the process of coming up with viable distributed ledger use cases. The team noted that although blockchain has its challenges, the up-and-coming technology is clearly well suited for financial applications, […]
Tag Archives | blockchain
From legislative reform and education to compliance and integration, strong female leaders are surfacing in blockchain, taking the reins in mapping out and establishing frameworks that are both easy to adopt and highly sustainable. Five of those leaders were recently featured in Forbes magazine. Caitlin Long, Co-founder, Wyoming Blockchain Coalition Long spent more than twenty […]
Blockchain technology’s super-secure nature provides a unique solution for bringing speed and security together, a common problem facing the communications industry. The ledger-based technology has the potential to disrupt the way consumers and businesses think about and use communications systems in the following four ways: 1. Secure Messaging People worry about social media platforms keeping […]
How secure do you feel about divulging private information online? If you’re like most, sharing that information can leave you feeling a bit unsettled. Especially in the wake of Facebook’s recent privacy scandals. Blockchain technology could be the answer, allowing people to take back control of their personal data. With the help of uncensorable communication, […]
Blockchain is helping reshape industries in domains as varied as finance, healthcare, energy, supply chain and Internet of Things (IoT). As the technology continues to evolve, engineers moving into management roles are expected to be up to speed with market developments.
Save $50 off individual registration:
Given the demand from engineers for professional development that helps smooth their upward career path, IEEE is offering a live, virtual event–Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise–on 4 December 2018 and 5 December 2018 12:00PM-1:00PM ET daily. Over the course of these two 1-hour sessions, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain plus much more!
Interested in a group discount?
Primary Discussion Topics
- Technical differentiation, benefits and uniqueness of the blockchain, with an emphasis on incremental implementation.
- Developments by the big cloud providers, and the advantages and limitations of traditional databases versus blockchain systems.
- Blockchain as the Internet of Value, including digitizing real assets, digital asset trading, agreements and smart contract deployments.
Upon successful completion of both sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Discern how blockchain is different from other similar technologies and what its unique advantages can provide.
- Identify how blockchain applies to certain business use cases, and why that matters.
- Explain recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain, including use cases in supply chain, power and energy energy, finance and healthcare.
- Recognize where the technology is going next, and ways to stay ahead of curve.
Virtual Event Attendance Benefits
- Explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve problems and create real value for enterprises.
- Review case examples of implementations of blockchain–both in development and in-use–that highlight how businesses incorporate blockchain into their organizational strategies.
- Receive industry-leading knowledge and insights to help make the most informed decisions about blockchain-dependent businesses and operations.
Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise will be presented by corporate blockchain strategist and MIT lecturer, Steve Derezinski.
Steve Derezinski consults with major corporations on blockchain strategy and new blockchain ventures. He taught Blockchain Ventures at MIT Media Lab and Babson College, and sits on a number of boards and funding panels. He is an expert reviewer for a Federal Agency’s Blockchain Funding and a subject matter expert for large philanthropic foundations in the USA and EU. He holds a BS from MIT and MBA from MIT Sloan.
With all the music apps available today, you’d think that musicians are raking in money, hand over fist. But with many parties clamoring for their share, from music labels to producers, managers, and more, and unreliable metadata (which contains info like who the rights holders are) accompanying each track, an artist may not get paid […]
Among the many challenges that blockchain technology is poised to solve, is ending poverty. While technological advancements have significantly reduced global poverty over the past century, it is still not gone. There are still more than 1.3 billion people in the world living in extreme poverty (defined as having less than $1.25 to spend each […]
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are thought to be one in the same, but they should not be mistaken as so. This valuable technology has implications that go far beyond finance. Blockchain can spur innovations that address some of society’s most glaring inefficiencies. Issues such as cutting costs, reducing delays, and upholding the integrity of data need […]
Although blockchain came into existence in 2008 with the first cryptocurrency, bitcoin, this technological platform can be applied to many other innovations that have nothing to do with money. Blockchain holds promise for networking, transportation, real estate, energy management, government, public records, cybersecurity and more. However, there’s a growing need for faster and better blockchain […]
There is a veritably deafening buzz around blockchain at the moment as it’s the technology du jour. And rightfully so, as it ticks a lot of boxes: it’s decentralized, anonymous, and immutable. It also promises security through truth and transparency. Amid the excitement about it, brands are rushing to embrace the ledger technology. Upon announcing that […]