Online learning opportunities from IEEE will help you capitalize on the record-high level of investments in technology being made worldwide. One look at the rapid technological advancements taking place all […]
Tag Archives | continuing education courses
The technological workforce is constantly evolving. To keep pace, today’s technical professionals need to regularly upskill through continuing professional education. “As we enter a future where skills are changing at […]
Technical professionals are among the world’s highest-paid workers, earning an average starting salary of $91,010 USD. However, technical professionals who want to stay relevant in a rapidly evolving technological workforce […]
Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, engineers have the highest average starting salary at $91,010. In addition to high starting salaries, studies show that the more […]
A Professional Engineer (PE) license requires a four-year engineering degree, four or more years of progressive experience under a professional engineer (in most states), and a multidisciplinary understanding of physical […]
If engineers in your organization are moving into management roles for which they could be better prepared, consider offering enrollment in a mini-MBA program. Developed by IEEE science and technology […]
Blockchain is helping reshape industries in domains as varied as finance, healthcare, energy, supply chain and Internet of Things (IoT). As the technology continues to evolve, engineers moving into management roles are expected to be up to speed with market developments.
Save $50 off individual registration:
Given the demand from engineers for professional development that helps smooth their upward career path, IEEE is offering a live, virtual event–Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise–on 4 December 2018 and 5 December 2018 12:00PM-1:00PM ET daily. Over the course of these two 1-hour sessions, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain plus much more!
Interested in a group discount?
Primary Discussion Topics
- Technical differentiation, benefits and uniqueness of the blockchain, with an emphasis on incremental implementation.
- Developments by the big cloud providers, and the advantages and limitations of traditional databases versus blockchain systems.
- Blockchain as the Internet of Value, including digitizing real assets, digital asset trading, agreements and smart contract deployments.
Upon successful completion of both sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Discern how blockchain is different from other similar technologies and what its unique advantages can provide.
- Identify how blockchain applies to certain business use cases, and why that matters.
- Explain recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain, including use cases in supply chain, power and energy energy, finance and healthcare.
- Recognize where the technology is going next, and ways to stay ahead of curve.
Virtual Event Attendance Benefits
- Explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve problems and create real value for enterprises.
- Review case examples of implementations of blockchain–both in development and in-use–that highlight how businesses incorporate blockchain into their organizational strategies.
- Receive industry-leading knowledge and insights to help make the most informed decisions about blockchain-dependent businesses and operations.
Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise will be presented by corporate blockchain strategist and MIT lecturer, Steve Derezinski.
Steve Derezinski consults with major corporations on blockchain strategy and new blockchain ventures. He taught Blockchain Ventures at MIT Media Lab and Babson College, and sits on a number of boards and funding panels. He is an expert reviewer for a Federal Agency’s Blockchain Funding and a subject matter expert for large philanthropic foundations in the USA and EU. He holds a BS from MIT and MBA from MIT Sloan.
The forecast calls for digitization that will put people out of work. However, the reality is a blizzard of job openings that may pile up due to an untrained workforce. […]