The COVID-19 pandemic has killed over a million people across the globe. Until a vaccine is available, social distancing and regular hand washing are our best protection from the virus. However, a lesser known method can also help combat the virus: ultraviolet (UV) light. Although sunlight does contain types of UV light, these types are […]
Tag Archives | Healthcare
It’s almost time to welcome the new year! 2019 is coming to a close, so let’s take a quick look back at our staff selected posts from this past year. This top 10 list was curated based on reader views, likes, comments, social shares, and more. From blockchain technology to 5G networks, renewable energy, and […]
Blockchain continues to grow beyond digital currencies, disrupting other industries with its secure distributed ledger technology. Recent developments have been made in the fields of supply chain, healthcare, the Internet of Things (IoT), and more. Supply Chain The complex world of the global supply chain market presents a formidable challenge to manufacturers. Blockchain technology can […]
Three important qualities of blockchain—decentralization, immutability, and security—could have many interesting use cases in the healthcare industry. One area that could greatly benefit from blockchain technology is telemedicine, the relatively new field of providing remote delivery of healthcare services over telecommunications. While digitizing healthcare as a whole still has a long way to go, authenticating […]
A streamlined, cost-effective healthcare system requires efficient sharing of information between legacy systems. However, systems storing critical healthcare data often operate in silos. Even worse, they can be easy to hack. A report from BIS Research observes, “Less than 10% of healthcare organizations regularly share medical information with providers outside of their organization. The lack […]
Blockchain is helping reshape industries in domains as varied as finance, healthcare, energy, supply chain and Internet of Things (IoT). As the technology continues to evolve, engineers moving into management roles are expected to be up to speed with market developments.
Save $50 off individual registration:
Given the demand from engineers for professional development that helps smooth their upward career path, IEEE is offering a live, virtual event–Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise–on 4 December 2018 and 5 December 2018 12:00PM-1:00PM ET daily. Over the course of these two 1-hour sessions, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain plus much more!
Interested in a group discount?
Primary Discussion Topics
- Technical differentiation, benefits and uniqueness of the blockchain, with an emphasis on incremental implementation.
- Developments by the big cloud providers, and the advantages and limitations of traditional databases versus blockchain systems.
- Blockchain as the Internet of Value, including digitizing real assets, digital asset trading, agreements and smart contract deployments.
Upon successful completion of both sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Discern how blockchain is different from other similar technologies and what its unique advantages can provide.
- Identify how blockchain applies to certain business use cases, and why that matters.
- Explain recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain, including use cases in supply chain, power and energy energy, finance and healthcare.
- Recognize where the technology is going next, and ways to stay ahead of curve.
Virtual Event Attendance Benefits
- Explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve problems and create real value for enterprises.
- Review case examples of implementations of blockchain–both in development and in-use–that highlight how businesses incorporate blockchain into their organizational strategies.
- Receive industry-leading knowledge and insights to help make the most informed decisions about blockchain-dependent businesses and operations.
Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise will be presented by corporate blockchain strategist and MIT lecturer, Steve Derezinski.
Steve Derezinski consults with major corporations on blockchain strategy and new blockchain ventures. He taught Blockchain Ventures at MIT Media Lab and Babson College, and sits on a number of boards and funding panels. He is an expert reviewer for a Federal Agency’s Blockchain Funding and a subject matter expert for large philanthropic foundations in the USA and EU. He holds a BS from MIT and MBA from MIT Sloan.
Sometime in the future, Artificial Intelligence (AI) will disrupt healthcare as we know it, but not in the ways most people think. Many fear machines will replace or even turn on humans. But the speed with which computer intelligence is advancing offers far more opportunities than dangers. AI Variants Today, AI is shorthand for any […]
No one wants to imagine that their pacemaker or insulin pump can be hacked when their life depends on the proper functioning of these medical devices. However, a recent Ponemon Institute survey discovered that 67 percent of medical device manufacturers and 56% percent of Healthcare Delivery Organizations (HDOs) think an attack on a medical device […]
If anyone in healthcare technology was feeling sleepy earlier this year, now they must be wide awake. The WannaCry and NotPetya attacks that struck multiple hospitals and healthcare systems within the past few months serve as glaring warnings of the growing cyber threat landscape, along with the costs at stake. While cyber threats are not […]
The healthcare industry has seen a major shift in its use of technology over the past several decades. Protocol that used to rely on paper and pencil have now been replaced with computers and digital software. Aside from these differences within the hospital, such changes have also affected the way patients communicate with their doctors and monitor their […]