The IEEE eLearning Library is an excellent resource for continuing professional education, offering hundreds of hours of courses designed to keep engineers up-to-date on emerging technologies and trends. As a fast growing industry, the market growth rate for eLearning has been 900% since 2000.
In addition to its efficacy, eLearning also saves time compared to the traditional classroom model. IBM found that participants of its company eLearning program learned nearly five times more material without an increase in training hours. Because those employees are able to return to work faster, IBM also found that every dollar invested in online training resulted in $30 USD in productivity. Ultimately, they saved an estimated $200 million USD after making the switch to eLearning.
To educate professionals in the best way possible, eLearning is the way to do it. Employees are able to work at their own pace and earn CEUs/PDHs upon successful course completion. IEEE eLearning Library courses are taught by the world’s leading experts, and these online courses allow employees to learn what they need to know for optimum performance on the job.
Five New Course Programs for 2018
IEEE is always adding to its library of courses. This year we’ve planned five new programs on the latest technological topics.
Available now – connect with an IEEE Content Specialist today to bring this program to your organization:
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics in Design, Part 1 is a five-course program focused on integrating artificial intelligence and autonomous systems within product and systems design.
Coming soon – pre-order today or request more information about bringing these programs to your organization:
- Grid Modernization in the 21st Century is a four-course program designed to get you and your team quickly up to speed on the latest Smart Grid technologies.
- Introduction to Edge Computing is a five-course program designed for organizations investing heavily in edge.
- IEEE Fundamentals of Autonomous Vehicle Technology is a six-course program that covers foundational and practical applications of autonomous, connected and intelligent vehicle technologies. This definitive IEEE guide is designed for professionals working in engineering, transportation, and related fields–who need a deeper understanding of the current state-of-the-art technologies, methods and approaches, as well as hard challenges driverless vehicles face before coming to market.
- Artificial Intelligence and Ethics in Design, Part 2 is designed to take the theory of ethics, and apply it practically to the design and business of artificial intelligence systems.
Benefits of eLearning
Staff training via the IEEE eLearning Library is convenient and economical. Providing online coursework benefits your employees as well. Employers and employees both enjoy:
Flexibility: Students can learn from work, home, or another location of their choice, and study in their own time. IEEE online courses are mobile-accessible, available 24/7.
Affordability: Investing in training and development for your employees will certainly pay off in the long run. Plus, students save on transportation, textbooks and childcare.
Employee satisfaction: The extra convenience and flexibility of online programs improves employee satisfaction. Employees appreciate educational perks, and providing flexible, self-led online learning ensures that everybody is happy.
Stay in the Know
IEEE Educational Activities partners with IEEE Societies and other top subject matter experts to produce continuing professional education on the latest technical topics. To receive updates on eLearning courses and other available continuing education resources, please complete this form.
(12 Mar 2017). 5 Benefits of Online Learning for Your Company Employees. Cascade Business News.
(07 April 2016). http://Facts and Stats That Reveal The Power Of eLearning [Infographic]. Shift Disruptive eLearning.
2013. The Value of Training. IBM.