The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a growing demand for the supply of medicine and medical supplies. At the same time, the pandemic has created major disruptions in the global supply chain, as more and more people are shifting their buying habits and ordering goods through online delivery. The disruption is calling attention to the greater […]
Tag Archives | blockchain applications
Blockchain technology is poised to rapidly transform healthcare worldwide. Over the next seven years, the technology is estimated to undergo a 70% compound annual growth rate in healthcare due to growing data breaches in the industry, found a recent TechSci Research report. North America should see the highest demand, according to Karan Chechi, Research Director […]
Blockchain is starting to take off. As the technology rapidly matures, many governments and businesses are eager to get on board. The recent release of Hyperledger Fabric 2.0, an update of the modular blockchain framework under the IBM Blockchain Platform, marks a significant development in distributed ledger technology. This new version of the protocol features […]
As companies continue to grow, Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) can help supply chain systems grow alongside the companies in order to better keep up with incoming demands. If an organization’s supply chain team need to spend all their time just keeping pace with demand, when will they have the time to think strategically and plan for the […]
Earlier last month, Zion Market Research estimated that the global blockchain Internet of Things (IoT) market will become a three billion dollar industry by 2025. Worth $32 million (USD) in 2018, the report puts the industry at a 91% growth rate. As an increasing number of businesses invest in IoT to connect and share data, […]
A streamlined, cost-effective healthcare system requires efficient sharing of information between legacy systems. However, systems storing critical healthcare data often operate in silos. Even worse, they can be easy to hack. A report from BIS Research observes, “Less than 10% of healthcare organizations regularly share medical information with providers outside of their organization. The lack […]
As anyone responsible for supply chain management can tell you, the demand for accountability and tracking at every step of the supply chain just continues to grow. For example, consumers want to know where their vegetables were sourced, how they were grown, handling methods, refrigeration temperatures in transit, how long since they have been harvested, […]
According to Gartner, a leading research and advisory company, blockchain has the potential to become a viable solution for major supply chain issues as the complexity of the supply chain sector continues to grow. These issues include counterfeit products, visibility/traceability, and efficiency play. Several companies worldwide are already testing blockchain pilot programs for supply chain […]
At TNW2019 in Amsterdam, the in-house blockchain team at consulting giant Deloitte walked participants in the “Beyond tech: blockchain strategy for complex environments” workshop through the process of coming up with viable distributed ledger use cases. The team noted that although blockchain has its challenges, the up-and-coming technology is clearly well suited for financial applications, […]
Blockchain is helping reshape industries in domains as varied as finance, healthcare, energy, supply chain and Internet of Things (IoT). As the technology continues to evolve, engineers moving into management roles are expected to be up to speed with market developments.
Save $50 off individual registration:
Given the demand from engineers for professional development that helps smooth their upward career path, IEEE is offering a live, virtual event–Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise–on 4 December 2018 and 5 December 2018 12:00PM-1:00PM ET daily. Over the course of these two 1-hour sessions, attendees will gain a deeper understanding of recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain plus much more!
Interested in a group discount?
Primary Discussion Topics
- Technical differentiation, benefits and uniqueness of the blockchain, with an emphasis on incremental implementation.
- Developments by the big cloud providers, and the advantages and limitations of traditional databases versus blockchain systems.
- Blockchain as the Internet of Value, including digitizing real assets, digital asset trading, agreements and smart contract deployments.
Upon successful completion of both sessions, attendees will be able to:
- Discern how blockchain is different from other similar technologies and what its unique advantages can provide.
- Identify how blockchain applies to certain business use cases, and why that matters.
- Explain recent enterprise-level innovations powered by blockchain, including use cases in supply chain, power and energy energy, finance and healthcare.
- Recognize where the technology is going next, and ways to stay ahead of curve.
Virtual Event Attendance Benefits
- Explore how blockchain technology can be used to solve problems and create real value for enterprises.
- Review case examples of implementations of blockchain–both in development and in-use–that highlight how businesses incorporate blockchain into their organizational strategies.
- Receive industry-leading knowledge and insights to help make the most informed decisions about blockchain-dependent businesses and operations.
Advanced Blockchain for Enterprise will be presented by corporate blockchain strategist and MIT lecturer, Steve Derezinski.
Steve Derezinski consults with major corporations on blockchain strategy and new blockchain ventures. He taught Blockchain Ventures at MIT Media Lab and Babson College, and sits on a number of boards and funding panels. He is an expert reviewer for a Federal Agency’s Blockchain Funding and a subject matter expert for large philanthropic foundations in the USA and EU. He holds a BS from MIT and MBA from MIT Sloan.