Renewable energy technologies like solar and wind are delivering a steady stream of new distributed generation concepts and, along with new technologies related to Smart Grid and distributed energy resources, are changing the entire utility business model. Moreover, the build out of 4G and 5G small cell antenna systems that will enable the Internet of Things (IoT) and autonomous vehicles (AV) depends largely on placing additional attachments onto existing utility structures. The potential impacts from all of this growth and expansion to our professional and personal lives are very significant.
Just as it has done for more than a century, the National Electrical Safety CodeⓇ (NESCⓇ) is continuously evolving and being refined to embrace new technologies while also addressing the opportunities and any safety issues they present. Regardless of your company’s role in the industry, this is clearly a time to be at the forefront of change. Participation in the NESC will provide the opportunity to both contribute–and benefit from–the non-stop innovation that is impacting our society and economy.
Recommend this course training program to your organization
When questions or issues arise in the field, it’s important that power utility workers know how to safely address the situation and comply with the latest safety guidelines. This training program will ensure your organization and its staff are prepared.
All seven online courses are now available for the 2017 edition of the NESC, exclusively through IEEE Xplore:
- Introduction to the National Electrical Safety Code
- Changes to the NESC 2017 Edition
- Introduction to Grounding
- Work Rules for the Operation of Electric Supply and Communications Lines and Equipment
- Rules for Installation and Maintenance of Electric Supply Stations
- NEW! Safety Rules of the Installation and Maintenance of Underground Electric Supply
- NEW! Safety Rules for Installation and Maintenance of Overhead Electric Supply
Stay on top of tech issues that are critically important to the success of your organization. Connect with an IEEE Content Specialist to order the entire NESC course program today.