A new variety of corporate learning tools have emerged to assist human resources departments charged with employee training. Modernized learning management systems (LMS) technologies are getting smarter and smarter, helping HR staff develop just the right tools for employee performance support.
Today’s LMS opens your organization to the world, with translation tools and modules available for working with international staff and creating a more impactful training and development program.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality-based (AR/VR) learning takes the LMS to a whole new level. It allows employees to walk into your workplace and apply what they’ve learned without ever taking a step. To make the most of AR/VR learning, always consider your anticipated outcomes and your employees’ goals ahead of time, so that you know it’s the right training method for you. AR/VR tools may dazzle online learners at first, but remember that your primary aim is still to support knowledge retention.
A cloud-based LMS is cost-effective and allows employees the flexibility of completing training modules on their own schedule from a variety of devices. Cloud-based training improves accessibility, allowing multiple users to access the tools at once, and eliminates the IT headaches often associated with self-hosted solutions.
Leveraging technology in a training environment benefits employees, employers and the entire organization. Benefits include:
- Increased productivity and decreased downtime through geographically-independent learning.
- Increased social learning with an LMS designed with social learning elements for use in communicating, expanding resources and allowing for collaborative learning.
- Increased engaged learning, as students enjoy greater control and freedom over their lessons, setting their own pace while still meeting deadlines.
- Enhanced work performance through the use of effective and efficient tracking and recording tools.
- Easy-to-install upgrades.
- Increased cost efficiency and results effectiveness.
- Significantly improved learning rates of employees, managers and executives, which leads to a boost in reliable and relevant knowledge and skills, plus increased productivity and profitability for the organization as a whole.
- Adaptable learning modules, depending on present and future requirements due to the scalable platform of an LMS.
- Combined forms of learning, including eLearning, simulation-based learning, mobile learning and classroom-based learning, since an LMS is a central repository for all the training modules and materials
Overall, the right LMS allows you to calculate return on investment, evaluate how the system is working, and adjust learning measures to match your organizational needs. It can also help identify issues that are plaguing your workforce, instill positive behaviors, and influence the perception of your HR department.
Earn Your CEUs/PDHs
IEEE offers online Continuing and Professional Education courses in emerging technologies. Courses are mobile accessible and available 24/7. Upon successful completion, students receive CEUs/PDHs. Discover the latest IEEE courses available today.
Bersin, Josh. (3 Nov 2017). HR Technology in 2018: Ten Disruptions Ahead. JoshBersin.com.
Hafner, Britt. (3 Aug 2016). Why We Need Learning Management Systems. Gyrus.com.
Pappas, Christopher. (23 Mar 2018). 8 Innovative Ways To Use AR/VR Technologies In Online Training. eLearning Industry.
Pappas, Christopher. (17 Apr 2018). Are you ready for a cloud-based learning management system? HR Dive.
Shah, Hemina. (4 June 2015). Why A Learning Management System Is Useful. eLearning Industry.
No comments yet.